My name is Dr. Kempton Smith. I'm a retired Ph.D. statistician. I specialize in assisting graduate students with statistical aspects of their quantitative dissertation and have been doing this for about 15 years.
I can help with:
- Formulation of research questions and hypotheses.
- Research methods, including design and sample size requirements.
- Statistical analysis using SPSS and R. These can include:
- Calculating appropriate descriptive statistics,
- Correlations between independent and dependent variables,
- Regression analysis, including multiple regression and binary logistic regression,
- Analysis of variance and analysis of covariance,
- Multivariate analysis of variance.
- Factor analysis and principal component analysis.
- Interpretation and presentation of results.
- Construction of tables and charts using Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Ph.D. in Statistics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I've been through the rigors of writing a dissertation myself.
- Former Associate Professor of Statistics at UNC Chapel Hill. Taught statistics to undergraduate and graduate students in various disciplines. Served on dissertation committees.
- 20+ years experience as professional statistician in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Many years of experience in working with scientists, social scientists, and medical researchers.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, R, and other statistical software.
- Fifteen years experience as a dissertation statistics consultant.
My rate for statistical consultation or analysis is $50 per hour. I work on an hourly basis only and do not give fixed price estimates. My time is billed in half-hourly increments.
I will keep track of my time spent on your project and will give you an informal invoice after each block of work (usually about one or two hours) has been completed. Prior to starting on the next block of work I expect payment of any outstanding invoice.
Many students seeking a statistical consultant are curious about the cost. My short answer is: 95% of the time, it will be between $100 and $500. Rarely can your project be completed in less than 2 hours; it also rarely requires more than 10 hours of my time. This data is based on my experience over 15 years with several hundred dissertation projects.
The first thing I suggest you do, even before you have made the decision to work with me, is to send me your proposal or a brief summmary of your project. Please let me know which parts of your project you expect to need my help with.
After I have looked at your material, I'll contact you by email and suggest the next steps.
I do not require a contract and I do not require a deposit.
I will provide you with tables formatted according to APA specifications. This will save you the agony, effort, and time you would otherwise have spent reformatting tables from the default SPSS format. I can also help you modify your installation of SPSS so that it will generate APA tables by default. Contact me for more information about this.
I accept payment by Paypal only. To pay by Paypal, please click on the pay now button below.
Please don't hesitate to contact me by email at email@example.com. I am usually available by phone every day from 11 am to 8 pm Eastern time. Contact me by email for my phone number. I recommend scheduling a phone appointment with me in advance by email.