My name is Dr. Kempton Smith. I'm a Ph.D. statistician who specializes in assisting graduate students with statistical aspects of their dissertation, thesis or research project. I can help you with:
- Formulation of research questions and hypotheses.
- Research methods, including design and sample size requirements.
- Statistical analysis using SPSS. These can include:
- Calculating appropriate descriptive statistics
- Correlations between independent and dependent variables
- Regression analyis, including binary logistic regression
- Analysis of variance and analysis of covariance
- Multivariate analysis of variance
- Intrepretation and presentation of results.
- Construction of tables and charts using Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Ph.D. in Statistics from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I've been through the rigors of writing a dissertation myself.
- Former Associate Professor of Statistics at UNC Chapel Hill. Taught statistics to undergraduate and graduate students in various disciplines. Served on dissertation committees.
- 20+ years experience as professional statistician in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Many years of experience in working with scientists and medical researchers.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, and other statistical software.
Contact me at email@example.com. I am usually available by phone every day from 11 am to 8 pm Eastern time at (919) 435-8824. I recommend scheduling a phone appointment in advance by email.
My hourly rate for statistical consultation or analysis is $50 per hour for graduate students. I will keep track of the time I spend with you and will give you an informal invoice after each block of one or two hours. I expect payment by Paypal prior to delivery of any results or analysis or starting any additional work. No contract is required, and no deposit or up-front payment is required prior to starting work with you.
I am willing to work on a fixed fee basis if you have a clearly defined project for which I can reasonably estimate the number of hours required. For a fixed fee project, a payment of 50% is required in advance; the balance will be due on completion of the project and prior to final deliverables. Please contact me if you want to discuss a fixed-fee project with me.
How to Start
The first step is to send me your proposal. This can be in draft form if necessary. Please include appendices such as survy questions and instructions for scoring responses if appropriate. Let me know which parts of your project you need my assistance with (methodology, data cleaning, statistical analysis, interpretation of results).
I accept payment by Paypal only. To pay by Paypal, please click on the pay now button below.