My name is Dr. Kempton Smith. I'm a Ph.D. statistician who specializes in assisting graduate students with statistical aspects of their quantitative dissertation. I can help with:
- Formulation of research questions and hypotheses.
- Research methods, including design and sample size requirements.
- Statistical analysis using SPSS. These can include:
- Calculating appropriate descriptive statistics,
- Correlations between independent and dependent variables,
- Regression analysis, including multiple regression and binary logistic regression,
- Analysis of variance and analysis of covariance,
- Multivariate analysis of variance.
- Factor analysis and principal component analysis.
- Intrepretation and presentation of results.
- Construction of tables and charts using Microsoft Word or Excel.
I do not normally assist with structural equation modelling or with projects involving convenience sampling.
- Ph.D. in Statistics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I've been through the rigors of writing a dissertation myself.
- Former Associate Professor of Statistics at UNC Chapel Hill. Taught statistics to undergraduate and graduate students in various disciplines. Served on dissertation committees.
- 20+ years experience as professional statistician in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Many years of experience in working with scientists and medical researchers.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, and other statistical software.
- Twelve years experience as a dissertation statistics consultant.
My rate for statistical consultation or analysis is $50 per hour for graduate students. At this time I work only with graduate students. I work on an hourly basis only and do not give fixed price estimates. My time is billed in hourly increments.
I will keep track of my time spent on your project and will give you an informal invoice after each block of work (usually about one or two hours) has been completed. Prior to starting on the next block of work I expect payment of any outstanding invoice.
Time Reservation Fee
I require a non-refundable time reservation fee (deposit) of $50 by Paypal prior to starting on your project. This fee will be applied to your first invoice.
The first thing I suggest you do, even before you have made the decision to work with me, is to send me a brief summmary of your project. Please let me know which parts of your project you expect to need my help with. While I can help you with your methods and results sectiona, I will not write any part of your final report for you.
After I have looked at your summary, I'll contact you by email and suggest the next steps. Often, the next step will be to send me your full proposal so that I can understand your research questions, hypotheses, variables, and data formats.
Unless you require otherwise, I will provide you with tables formatted according to APA specifications. This will save you the agony, effort, and time you would otherwise have spent reformatting tables from the default SPSS format. I can also help you modify your installation of SPSS so that it will generate APA tables by default. Contact me for more information about this.
I accept payment by Paypal only. To pay by Paypal, please click on the pay now button below.
Please don't hesitate to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am usually available by phone every day from 11 am to 8 pm Eastern time at (919) 435-8824. I recommend scheduling an appointment with me in advance by email. It's usually easy for me to adjust my schedule in advance if I know when you will be calling.